RealMe brand refresh
DIA is refreshing the RealMe® brand in June.
Here’s what you need to know
On June 8, DIA will refresh the RealMe® brand, as part of its ongoing Delivering Future Identity Services (DFIS) work.
The brand refresh will involve updating all customer-facing RealMe® services, including those provided by DIA’s partner organisations. DIA is responsible for updating the style sheets from the client-side redirection to RealMe i.e. the co-branded pages.
What will change from June 8, 2023?
- RealMe® will be represented by a new logo that emphasises security, with a human touch.
- The logo will suit a wider range of digital formats and be recognisable at smaller sizes.
- Other brand elements will also be introduced, a strap line (positioning statement) and use of trust mark symbols
- RealMe® will also be described in more succinct language online.
What isn’t changing
- The brand name will not change (research undertaken in 2019 shows 80% awareness of the brand).
- The brand’s association with the New Zealand Government (the 2019 research shows significant support for RealMe®, in part, resulting from a high trust and confidence in government).
What’s the timeline for technical teams?
March: Brief technical teams on the upcoming changes
May: Change-out the current RealMe® logo and any collateral you may have in your test environments
June 8, onwards: Go live with the re-freshed RealMe branding.
Access new style guides and finished art from here:
- Style Guide V1.3 [PDF, 10 MB]
- Logo and assets [ZIP, 24 KB]
- RealMe Face symbol [ZIP, 23 KB]
- RealMe Te Reo logo [ZIP, 1.8 MB]
- Secured by RealMe trust mark [ZIP, 76 KB]
- Examples of how to implement the changes [PDF, 150 KB]
Who can we contact for more information?
- Email the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org for help or with questions at any time.